WA Country Cups Fashions on the Field 2016 Experience

Wow, what an epic weekend I have just experienced!!

Racing and racing fashion is an extreme passion of mine.  I have been attending local race meets since I was a wee little girl.

I was taught how to place bets and how to back a winner by none other than my gorgeous late grandfather Mr Vincent Morrison. 

During his long 9 decades of life, he was an amazing horse whisperer in every sense of the word and evidently knew what he was looking for at the race track.

I definitely took a moment or two to channel him on Saturday and I know he would have been super proud of me taking out the WA Country Cups Fashions on the Field final win. 

Big ups to you Grandfather Morrison! xxx



The unexpected win is starting to sink in now as my husband (Darcy) and I start to prepare ourselves for the big trip away to Hong Kong J

Some much to arrange and so little time – but so exciting all the same.

Happy Valley Race Course Hong Kong


What a wonderful prize pool; a 7 day racing holiday to Hong Kong for two (Darcy is ecstatic at the prospect of acquiring a new suit), $10 000 spending money, a $500 gift voucher for Only One Ashley, a $600 gift voucher for Reny Kestrel Millinery and a 3 ring stacker and ear cuff from Smales Jewellers. 

Wow – to say I am grateful would be the understatement of the century!!

Not only did I win the above amazing prize but the most unexpectedly refreshing and an even bigger prize of the weekend was the amazing women I connected and became friends with who are not only supremely stylish but also as dedicated and passionate about racing and racing fashion as I am.

The stunning finalists from across regional Western Australia



So before I launch into my Hong Kong adventure I will circa back to the very beginning of the Pilbara/Kimberley race season that I partook in this year and give an overview of the amazing experiences I have had over the next few blog posts.  

I intend on covering the  creative insights behind my outfit selections for each race day, the ups and downs of attaining the winning look for fashions on the field – as not all of my outfits went to any kind of plan this year and I want to also that the opportunity to thank all of the artists beings involved in the events – there are lots of people to thank!




Comments